Friday, January 21, 2011

Young Dogs reunion


The Young Dogs bus 2007 in Cannes

When I was in my second year of my study copywriting at the university, in 1998, I knew I wanted to focus all my attention towards breaking through in advertising. The problem was that in school the advertising education sucked. Luckily, there was an organisation that held competitions for aspiring creatives. With real briefings and a really good incentive: the winner could go by bus to the advertising festival in Cannes. The Young Dogs.

Later on, I would become boardmember of this club of enthusiastic advertising people. The Young Dogs was founded 20 years ago. To celebrate its 20-years anniversary, a Facebook page is made for former boardmembers and there will be a party the 18th of February in club Panama. And everybody is invited (so not only former boardmembers. There's more information about the party here.

Of course, when former boardmembers come together digitally, there's also an exchange of pictures of the good ol' times. So now everybody sent pictures of the Young Dogs-buses. As a tradition, there's a new design for the bus every year. Above there's an example of that. And here you can see the other buses through the years. Because I went to Cannes with the Young Dogs six (!) times I recognize almost all of them. I'm looking forward to the party and to see all the familiar faces of the past again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

ik ga met je mee naar dat feestje

11:34 am  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Is goed, dan mogen we alleen niet drinken vanwege alcoholvrij maandje ;-).

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home