Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sugar moments

It's not that I like being at the dentist. But it might seem so, judging by the amount of time I spend there. Since I turned 14 I've always had problems with my teeth. I don't know why, but I guess it's nature's way to compensate for me being resistant against diseases. Any physical problem I get is always teeth-related. And Amsterdam is a good place to be if you need dental care. Okay, you have to plan your appointments a month in advance, but at least the dentists are good here.

My new dentist said, after refilling a tooth from which a part had broken off, that I already had quite a lot of crowns and fillings for my age. And he warned me that if it goes on like this, I might need a denture in about twenty years. He also asked me how many sugar moments I have in one day. It's the amount of times you eat, drink anything that contains sugar (including fruit, fruit juice, tea with sugar and wine). I told him I lost count. "So," he said, "if you'd just reduce the amount of sugar moments you might get rid of all your teeth problems".

That's a nice perspective for somebody who has gone through all the horrors imaginable at the dentist office and the hospital. So I decided to listen to the man. So today I didn't touch the jar of candy that they put on the table during a meeting with IKEA. It's tough, because I love sugar. And instead of drinking wine the entire evening, it's even better to drink a bottle in once because that would count as only one sugar moment. I don't know what a doctor would say about it, but I'll drink to that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

flessie port ....

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home