Thursday, May 20, 2010

Embarrassment

Today I saw a guy on a scooter with fluorescent green pants, a tanktop with 'Zumba instructor' on the back. For the people who haven't heard of Zumba yet, it's the latest craze in gyms all over the world: it's aerobics mixed with latin dance moves. It's supposed to be sexy and a good workout. I think it's just another hype (like tae bo and spinning) and after one year most of the colorful Zumba-pants will be back into the closet, where they should be.

Don't get me wrong. I love to watch samba dancing, it's a dance with history and charm. And there's nothing like a tough workout. But I simply cannot understand why people would want to do a half-ass dancing exercise. If you wanna dance, follow dance classes. If you wanna get in shape, train until the sweat drops from your face. It's a simple as that.

Okay, so if people want to think it's the greatest thing ever, I'm okay with that. But this Zumba instructor on the scooter obviously wants to shout to the world what he's doing. And then I think: why? The only reason I can think of why a man would do a thing like Zumba is: to get a lot of pussy. Okay, I can understand that, but why show it to the world? It would be the same as wearing a shirt that says 'male stripper'.

Another embarrassing thing I've seen this week: a new campaign from car brand Seat. In order to promote their latest green car they've made hidden camera movies. For the people who don't understand Dutch: the woman is blocking the bridge and she tells people that she's allowed to be asocial because her car is good for the environment. If you can stand seeing a poor actress degrading herself to make money, watch one of the films here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home