Thursday, April 01, 2010

Lemz


The agency building at the harbour of Amsterdam

I wanted to share my new agency with the world a lot earlier, but I agreed not to until I'm actually working there. But today I started. On April fools' day. My new agency -without joking- is called Lemz. Who? Outside of Holland they're not very known yet, but that's the destiny of an independent agency who predominantly makes very Dutch work. In Dutch advertising they are very well known. They have a reputation of being the agency where all the big clients go to.

I understand why. In my opinion Lemz has always made good and effective cross-media campaigns for their clients. It's one of the reasons why most of their clients haven't left the agency since its foundation and it's one of the reasons why clients are drawn to it in times of crisis. A lot of advertisers are looking for smarter ways to invest their advertising budget and Lemz seems to provide in that need. If you look at www.lemz.nl you'll get a pretty good idea of the campaigns they make.

Since the Miami Ad School and at Duval Guillaume I've made enough work to prove that I can make good advertising in all media. The next step for me would be to make campaigns that brings all of these media together. After having having learned from top traditional agencies like Saatchi New York and Duval Guillame Brussels, I figured that working at another traditional agency would be a repetition of what I've done before. So I looked on purpose for less traditional and more online driven agencies.

At Lemz I cannot rely on making one funny TV commercial or one good print ad. They only make big campaigns here. So here there's no other way: I have to make the insightful, through the line ideas that I truly believe in. The only way to do that is to forget everything I've learned about advertising so far and to think and work in a different way. It's a big challenge. One that I'm going to face while enjoying the splendid view over the docks of Amsterdam.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ralf said...

Congrats!Zie ik je bij SpinAwards of ADCN?

5:24 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Alleen als ik iets heb gewonnen dus hopelijk volgend jaar ;-).

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dat wordt flyers ontwerpen met een internetadres d'r op!

S.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Haha, nee zo'n bureau is het gelukkig niet :-D.

11:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home