Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Be stupid



I know my time is ticking at Duval Guillaume Brussels. It's uncertain how long I will stay. Instead of getting really stressed about it, it gives me a lot of rest. I can go early to work, but I don't have to. I can work over, but I don't have to. I can finish the work before the deadline, but I don't have to.

This makes me more at ease when I'm at work. It doesn't make me lazy, though. These last weeks, ironically enough, I've been more productive than ever. A promotion that I've made together with Yigit Unan is finally produced after 1,5 year. And I'm working my ass off to finish the execution of an interactive concept. In the meantime all my reviews go really well. And I do everything in less time. I know that luck is also an important factor in advertising. But sometimes being less serious about work is actually the best thing you can do.

It sure is a more relaxing. And because I have the tendency to stuff my head with new information, even in my spare time, I thought it was good to take a break from learning as well. I decided to do something mindless. So last week I started to play an online game called Battlefield Heroes. It's a shoot-em-up game in comic style. The objective of the game is to shoot each other. There isn't really much more to it. Doing a stupid thing like this feels like meditation.

I can contemplate about why exactly stupidity can make you creative but the new Diesel campaign explains it all. The film above is the start of the campaign, here you can see the website with the print ads. Congratulations to the stupid idiots for making one of the most insightful campaigns of the year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

het is een fps waar bij je flags moet caputeren

echt af en toe moet je meer reseachs doen man

6:33 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Marvin just told me there's more to the game than just shooting people. Marvin is pretty smart :-D

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home