Friday, July 24, 2009

Recovery

It's been more than a week since my last post. And the reason is that I had a long weekend. Not exactly a long weekend to get a rest, but a long weekend at the Dour festival. It was one of the best festivals I've ever been to. Great music, crazy people and you didn't have to wait hours to order a beer. The biggest surprises of the festival were: Caravan Palace, a French band that mixes 30's boogie woogie style jazz with electro, and... the Pet Shop Boys, whose catchy songs combined with excellent dance acts and video-art were good for a memorable performance.

But after the festival the recovery phase begins. And as I grow older, it takes longer and longer to recover from crazy days of festival madness. My hangover lasted until Thursday. And on Wednesday I already had to work. Thank god there's a coffee machine upstairs.

After my short break I was really motivated to work on new briefs again, but unfortunately there's not a lot of work at the moment. And there are not a lot of people around in the Duval building. There are more empty desks than ever. Of course the ongoing reorganisation has something to do with that, but there are also a lot of people on holiday. And when you ask for more work to the traffic planner, it turns out he's on vacation as well. So it's back to the pro-active stuff again; making a lot of free work for existing and non-existing clients. When my creative directors come back from vacation there's a big pile of scribbles waiting for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

just take this slow periode to recover your old body really good , so when you are fully recovered , you will have the strenght and motivation to come back to alkmaar for the weekend or a longer periode

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home