Sunday, April 12, 2009

Osdorp Posse

This week I had so much work that I could go on forever. In order to stay healthy, I have a sensible fuck it-mentality and I didn't go on forever. I live for my job, but I don't want to die on it.

So on Friday I left the agency at five o'clock to go to Holland. I still had to do some assignments on the train but for the rest I was just reading. Usually I go to Holland in the beginning of the month. But this time I went the week after. The reason for that was because the hiphop group Osdorp Posse was playing in Alkmaar for the last time.

Now usually I'm not a big fan of hiphop. Unless the music is really original or really hardcore. Osdorp Posse is both. They are the first to make rap music in the Dutch language, which was a strange thing to do when they first started in 1989. They are known for their provocative lyrics, their uncompromising style and concerts where you always leave with a few bruises on your body. Here you can see one their concerts, where they play together with death metalband Nembrionic Hammerdeath.

Their last concert was a memorable one. I've seen a lot of some crazy concerts of them. When I was only 16 years old I saw them for the first time in punk hangout Parkhof, which was only half full. A few years later they played on the Lowlands festival, where so many fans ran on stage that the stage collapsed. But this band is not just about craziness. Their music reflects their anarchistic and uncompromising way of life and have been a true inspiration for me throughout my entire youth. They are the living proof that if you do something that you believe in without making any concessions, it won't always be easy but in the end it will bring you success. It's a pity that the band stops. But Osdorp Posse will be remembered as the most legendary Dutch hiphop group ever. Hardcore will never die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home