Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day off

Today is a vacation day in Belgium to remember the victims of the first World War. Yesterday this actually came as a surprise to me. I never know when there is a vacation in this country. It's nice to stop working for a while. Although there was a lot to do today.

First of all, I had to sleep half the day as a consequence of partying the day before. But then I had to do all the things that I've neglected the last few weeks because I was at work all the time: cleaning the house, paying my bills, filling out forms, doing the laundry. On top of that, I promised Yigit to come with five ideas for ads tomorrow and I have to write a column. All in all, the entire day it feels like I'm still at work (except for the sleeping part).

Of course there's always time for a little useful entertainment. So in between work I watched some really inspiring speeches by creative thinkers on ted.com. Wanna be amazed? Then watch the Photosynth presentation by Blaise Aguera y Arcas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ted.com is always great. enjoy your day off. i find catching up on the things you ve mentioned like paying bills, cleaning, laundry quite a relaxing occupation to clean your thoughts. maybe not paying the bills. :p

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home