Friday, November 23, 2007



Presentation with Hermann Vaske

It's almost weekend. But I wouldn't go enjoying my well deserved spare time without leaving a post on my blog. The last post was not very stunning, but luckily in the meantime a lot happened.

Especially today! We had a presentation for a German radio station and one of the people we had to present to was none other than Hermann Vaske. According to our headmaster Niklas our presentation was a "disgrace to the whole school" and if it wasn't for the good ideas that we presented, he would have killed us. I'll see that as a real compliment for the presented concepts.

And today one of my former teachers Philipp Barth was in school. He's the creative director from Jung von Matt that made my ad for Kneipp possible. And he brought me the certificate that proves the ad was shortlisted in Cannes. Of course I knew long before that I was on the shortlist, but to have a tangible proof of that made me really happy. And because I'm such a big show-off I showed it to the entire school.

But the showing off has to stop somewhere. I think it's important not to look back too much. The nomination is just a sign that I'm in the right direction. After graduating I'm going to start all over again. And whether I'm going to do something in Cannes again or not, I know one thing for sure: I'm going to aim for making the most creative work possible. This means the absolute top. This means using Cannes certificates as wallpaper for my room. Maybe I will not reach that goal next year or the year after, but I think I'm well on my way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, why do you leave the most interesting part out?

What was so disgraceful about your presentation?

9:31 am  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Haha, I can imagine you're curious. We chose not to use a Powerpoint, but to put the printouts on the blackboard using magnets. So the client and mister Vaske had to get out of their comfortable chairs to walk over to the blackboard. I thought it would make the presentation more personal, but Niklas thought otherwise ;-) I guess it was not such a big deal, but maybe it was a bit stupid to take such a risk.

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home