Friday, November 16, 2007

44.7 MB

Wow, it's almost been a week since I wrote my last post. Time flies when you've got things to do. This week has been the busiest so far but also the most productive. We had to execute a lot of ideas for our projects and in the meanwhile work on our portfolio.

But today the first draft of my book is finally ready. When I dragged the last picture in the document I felt kind of emotional. I mean, I was just clicking my mouse but as I was doing that, I realized that this is the moment where I've been working towards for the past few years. Two years of brainstorming, executing, learning, swearing and sweating is put together in a file of 44.7 MB.

After that it got even better. I printed out all the pages and bound them together so I have a black and white dummy of my book. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it because I wanted to make the dummy as soon as possible. So all of a sudden two years of Miami Ad School is tangible and you can flip through it.

I said in other posts that I enjoy every minute, every second I'm in this school. I still feel the same. In less than a month it's over. But that's actually good, cause it has to end somewhere. This week I realized that making student work is motivating me less. I'm still making good work so that's not the problem, but it's hard to top the campaigns that I already have and I miss making campaigns for real. That's going to be my next adventure. I'm glad to say that I already got an offer from a top agency. But five years of working in Dutch advertising learned me not to start partying before the signature is on a piece of paper with the words 'contract' written above it. So in the meantime, I will work with furious passion on my final portfolio. Less than a month to go... so I will exploit every single second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home