Sunday, August 05, 2007

31

Although I don't consider myself old, the numbers prove differently. Today I became 31 years old! I celebrated my birthday yesterday. One of my favorite bands, CSS, gave a free concert at Studio B in Brooklyn. Now that's what I call a great birthday gift.

CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy) is an electro/rock band from Brazil. I discovered their music the first time when I was in Italy. Since then I'm totally addicted to their songs. It's a formation of one man and five women who behave like men: drinking beer on stage, stagediving and playing powerful music with gutsy lyrics. I knew in advance that there were going to be a lot of people. So in order to be sure that we could get in, my Italian friend Salvatore and I were 2,5 hours before the opening in front of Studio B. Everybody was still busy with the preparations. They thought we belonged to one of the bands so we sneaked in the concert hall even before they let in the first guests.

Good things come to those who wait. And CSS certainly was worth waiting the whole evening for. Although it was bloody hot in Studio B, singer LoveFoxxx got the audience totally crazy. There was an energetic vibe and everybody at the stage was moshing and crowdsurfing. This was certainly the best evening I had in New York so far and I couldn't imagine having a better 31st birthday party than this one. CSS roxxx!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home