Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If you can make it there...

A year ago some friends of mine thought I was bragging when I said I wanted to go to New York. "You want to go to New York," they'd say ,"dream on!". They did not want to make me feel demotivated, it's just very Dutch. People in Holland are really down to earth and New York doesn't seem down to earth. In fact, for a lot of Dutchmen it sounds the same as: "Hey guys, I'm going on a trip to Mars next year".

In reality, New York is not such a big deal on our school. On the first day of the quarter people from all over the world come straight from the airport, still carrying their suitcases. As if they've taken a train. This quarter more students from Miami Ad School than ever are going to New York. Most of them are doing a school programme there, some of them got an internship.

What ís a big deal is the agency I'm going to do my internship. Saatchi New York has become the agency of the year in Cannes. Already the best teams from Hamburg went there before me, so it's going to be hard to be outstanding. And thanks to the long visa procedure, I'm already four days later.

Of course that doesn't demotivate me. I asked my teampartner Julien to send me the first briefing so I can start working already. Working at Saatchi is a big opportunity and I'm going to grab it with both hands. I received my visa in time and on Thursday my plane is leaving. I feel really excited, like I'm going abroad for the first time all over again. It was great to be back in Alkmaar, but now it's time to rock in the Big Apple.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck over there! enjoy!

10:48 pm  
Blogger Yona said...

Heel veel plezier daar! Waar ga je wonen? Zit je er nog in october btw? Dan kom ik nl weer een weekje naar de grote appel. Misschien lachen om weer eens een biertje of een bud ;-) te drinken?

Mzzl,
Yona

12:12 am  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hee Yona, in october ben ik helaas niet meer in New York. 21 september gaat mijn vlucht naar Holland.

Ik woon trouwens in Queens, tegen Manhattan aan.

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home