Tuesday, June 12, 2007

D&AD in-book nomination

One of the nominated billboards

The results for the D&AD student awards are finally official. And I'm happy to announce that I'm in the book with the Shelter campaign. The D&AD is probably one of the most difficult student competitions in the world. Only a few students in school are nominated. In-book means that I don't have a chance anymore to win the award. Which is a pity, but at least I'm finally off the school's loser list now ;-) * Congratulations to the other students from MAS Hamburg who got in the book and good luck to those who still make a chance on the prestigious awards!

* The loser-list comment is meant as self-mockery and refers in a sarcastic way to the pressure that the Hamburg school puts on its students to win awards. But it's meant funny. There is no loser-list, all MAS-students graduate as winners and awards actually motivates a lot of students.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one! congrats

9:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

Respect. Veel respect. Kom je weleens in Nederland. En heb je tijd. Koffie ?
Ge

8:24 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hee Gé,

Ik kom 19 juni terug in Holland en ik blijf daar zo'n 3 weken. Laten we inderdaad een keer een bakkie koffie doen. Ik neem aan dat je mijn e-mail hebt? voor de zekerheid: robinstam@hotmail.com

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Robin,
but calling the other students indirectly losers isn't this nice.
Literally they might be losers, because they didn't win, but you're putting yourself over them… hmm… think about it, that's not too nice.
It would have been enough to announce your nomination, but I think you went a bit too far.
I respect the work you did, I realy like it, but I don't respect how you indirectly talk about other peoples work, even it sounds a bit sarcastic by adding a " :) " behind it.

Next time accept your awards with honor, be proud, but don't throw mudd arround you (german saying)

Best regards and respect,

Daniel, Mr. Ham, Serrano

PS: New York was great! Housing is cool. You'll have a lot of space for you. Agency will be very empty because most people are in holidays, but unlikely to stockholm, they only have oficially 10 days (instead of about 35 in Stockholm), but they are smart and add up "sick days" to their holidays.
Enjoy Holland and your trip to NY.

7:41 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Heeeey Daniel,

Haha, you know better than anyone else that I´m not very strong at being diplomatic. I actually meant the loser-thing as self mockery. And I put the smiley there to say that I don't really mean it. There are lots of students who haven't won anything, but who are better than most students who won awards. But before I get any more hate-comments from anonymous users, I'll put a footnote under this article. So I'm glad you mentioned it.

9:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home