Saturday, April 14, 2007

Staying at home

It's my job to surprise people. But sometimes I also surprise people around me. Today, I surprised a lot of my classmates by going home before the partying actually got started. The reason was that I have to draw a line with spending money on partying. Last weekend I went way over that line, which is not so difficult in Stockholm.

Therefore, I need to have a more quiet weekend now. It's kind of hard to stay home while everybody is having fun, but in the end it's all for the best. Because after a couple of beers I don't have the discipline anymore to go home early and I end up spending all my money.

It kind of sucked in the beginning to go home so early, but now I feel good about it. Tomorrow I'll be fresh to go to my first lesson of Vale Tudo, a Brazillian combat sport that combines ground techniques with normal fighting. Since I went to Holland I didn't do any sport anymore and I really need to do some exercise.

And now for something completely different: my former teammate Dominik is now interning in Amsterdam at Springer & Jacoby. Together with his teammate Alex he made a weblog. Check out robnbob.blogspot.com for this funny written weblog. You can also find it in the link section of this website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home