Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's feels kind of surreal to be back in Holland again. The environment that was once so reassuringly familiar, seems like a foreign country after being away for half a year. Even the cheese tastes different -more salty. Right now it feels like I'm in a dream and it's great to see my parents and friends again. But I know that I'm going to get used to it really soon. Another two days and it seems like I haven't been away in the first place.


In a way, it already seems like I haven't been away in the first place. The only change I've noticed in the city of Alkmaar is that there's a new jewelery shop around the corner. In the 15 minutes I've been in Amsterdam, I've noticed that the entire harbour area has been renovated. The water behind the central station has so much lights that it seems like one big christmas tree. But 30 minutes to the north everything is the same as it ever was.


Nevertheless, it's good to be here. I'm busy meeting up with friends, going out, arranging a new passport and giving suggestions for the execution of an ad. Together with Jung von Matt, we're making an ad for a well known tea brand. As soon as it is published, I will show it on my site.


Talking about things that are published: I just saw in a video that the poster I made for the Alessi competition is actually hanging in the Alessi store in New York! See the video above. The guy with the beard who talks the strange gobble-language is Dirk, my Dutch schoolmate. The intranslatable Dutch sentence: "daar hang je dan, pik!", means something like: "that's your work hanging there, man!".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee Robin,

Leuk je verhaal te lezen van je terugkomst! Dat staat ons nu ook al weer bijna te wachten.. De 5e januari verlaten we deze prachtige stad. Damn ik mis Nederland maar ik ga binnen een week smachten naar deze stad, dat weet ik nu al zeker!

Biertje doen in Amsterdam binnenkort dan maar..

Yona

10:23 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hee Yona, lijkt me een goed idee om een biertje te doen. Alleen ben ik 1 januari alweer weg. Ga stage lopen in Brussel. Maar het kwartaal daarop kom ik zeker terug.

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home