Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Big silver star!

I thought my face to face week was over, but I was wrong. On Monday I had to arrange the entries for the Andy Award. It´s a competition in the US and I was from 9 till 9 in school to prepare all the work of the students and to answer their questions.

At the end of the day I was completely finished. I said to my good friend and flatmate Salvatore that I really needed to go home and eat. Downstairs the jury was busy judging the work in the exhibition room downstairs. I was curious if my work won something, but I was so tired that I just wanted to go home. Sal convinced me to stay and after ten minutes we could go in. First wall of work. No star for me. Big gold for Salvatore. Second wall of work: yes! Next to a long copy campaign of Sal (which got a small star) there was a big silver star on a campaign that I’ve made.

I was more than satisfied with it. Okay, I´ve won less than other quarters, but I´m much happier about my work in general. And moreover, every quarter I won a big star for something. I know by now that you can´t draw too much conclusions from winning stars or prizes, because sometimes not so good work also get stars by accident. But winning a big star every quarter isn’t coincidence anymore and it means at least that I’m consistent.

Unfortunately, I can´t show the winning work yet. It´s going to be send in for a competition and to avoid that people might get ´inspired´ by the work, it´s nowhere to be seen but in school. Tonight I´m going to have dinner with some people from school and tomorrow I´m going to clean my apartment and start to pack my suitcases for my trip back to Holland. Because this weekend I officially have to say goodbye to Hamburg and to my dear friends at school. I will miss this place, but I´ll have a lot of new adventures in return.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gefeliciteerd met je Big Zilver Star.

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home