Friday, September 01, 2006

Preparations face to face


Two students prepared for a photoshoot Posted by Picasa

My third face to face week. I already started working a lot because I know there´s always not enough time. Last night I slept in school for the very first time this quarter. Which is unique because normally the sleeping in school starts earlier in the quarter. It makes me wonder: was I less motivated this quarter or did I just plan everything better?

I don't know the anwser to that, but I've got the strange feeling that this quarter will not be my best when I look at all the work that I have. I've got a couple of really cool campaigns, but to be able to win a star at the exhibition you have to make a lot of good campaigns, at least one every week. Because it might happen that the jury overlooks the three really good campaigns that you've made. Judging work is subjective and to increase your chances on winning prizes you have to make more really good work. It's as simple as that.

But even if I don't win anything this quarter, I wouldn't say I'm bitter about it. This quarter I've made a TV-commercial, I sended in a lot of work for competitions and some of my work is presented to the client so it has a chance to be made for real. Furthermore, I've learned to improve my writing skills even more this quarter.

Monday the face to face week starts. For those who haven't read my blog in the earlier quarters: in this week all the work you've made in the quarter is evaluated by the teachers and that means all the ads have to be perfectly executed. Every student is busy making wacky pictures and Photoshopping until it's dawn. The picture above was a project for Photography class of one of the students. My former teammate Dominik was dressed up as a clown. It's busy right now, but at least it's not boring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin heel veel sterkte de komende week.
Ga je daarna nog met Salvatore mee ??
Heb er niets meer over gehoord.
KUSSIE M

7:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,
Lees dat je goed gaat, when the fuck can I hire you again. Take Care and keep up the good work.

Ge
McCann Amsterdam (nou, emstelveen)

7:37 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hee Gé,

Thanx! Nog maar een jaartje en een kwartaal geduld en dan ben ik vast wel weer in te huren ;-)

Groet,

Robin

4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home