Thursday, May 04, 2006

The 'big idea'

Inspiration is a weird thing. When do you get the best idea? You can think about a campaign for two weeks and still have nothing. You can also get the best idea at the first glance of the briefing.

The problem is that nobody knows for sure when you get the 'big idea'. This week, in Computer Class, I had to make a campaign for a sports brand. Because of lack of time, it wasn't possible to think of the assigment until the day before. But unfortunately, the day before I didn't have any inspiration.

So I was working on my way back. I was even thinking about the assigment on my way back home and when I was in bed. The next day, I was a little worried when I walked out of the subway. It was 9:30 and I had to make three advertisements before three o'clock in the afternoon. I didn't even had a concept yet.

As I was walking on the street, suddenly the idea struck me. I can't talk about it yet, but it was good. I suddenly felt illuminated. Everything around me was suddenly happy. But after inpiration comes transpiration. I still had to execute the campaign. So I worked on the three ads the whole morning. Working in Illustrator, printing, making photographs, printing again. I was so busy that I didn't even realize my class had already started half an hour! So I ran to the printer to print out (only two) ads that I made and I ran to the class.

Even though the ideas where only half finished, it still impressed the teacher with the idea. And, judging by the look on the faces of the students I think they liked it as well. It was all in the nick of time though. You're never sure when you get the 'big idea', but one thing's for sure: somehow nothing works more inspiring than big pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home