Friday, April 07, 2006

First week, second quarter

After a well deserved break the working slowly began at the school. Now it´s still quiet, I even have time to read a book when I come home in the evening, but I know that in a couple of weeks the assignments are going to pile up.

And that´s just fine with me. I really needed the break, but two weeks of doing totally nothing is boring in the end. I also noticed that it made me slower somehow. Like a steamtrain on low fuel. Even though I slept a full eight hours a day and ate very well.

But I could start the new quarter really fresh again. There a lots of new people here. The students of the fourth quarter are doing an internship, so they are gone. Instead, a whole new class of first quarters are nozing around in the school right now. This week students from a fashion education in Danmark came over to do an assignment with third quarter MAS students. They alredy started to work very hard and even have to present at Saturday.

For me it´s still quiet. I´m a little exhausted because yesterday there was an introduction party for the new students. It was in a bar in the Reeperbahn. As usual I couldn´t get myself to go home before everybody else did and I had only three hours of sleep. It's hard to stay concentrated, expecially when you hear some technical measuring techniques during Typography class. Well, it's weekend now. As soon as I'm home I'm going to have a good rest watching a movie and drinking a few beers. As I said, it's a slow start and while I still can I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home