Saturday, February 04, 2006

When hard work doesn´t pay off

Very often hard work pays off. The bigger the dissapointment when you work very hard and in the end the outcome is not what you expected. It happend to me Thursday. I worked so long on a concept for the German newspaper Bild that I forgot the time. It was 1:00 in the night and me and my teammates couldn't go back by public traffic anymore.

So I spent the night at school for the first time. There was no good concept and no expectation of a good night sleep. Well, that's the risk of being in a job where it is expected that you're constantly creative (which is impossible). I'll just have to get used to the dissapointments. And other things didn't go too well either. This was one of those weeks where everything went wrong. Well, you can´t have it all. At least not all the time.

On top of that, it was also the busiest week so far. This weekend I had a workshop on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday evening I went to a drum ´n bass party in Rota Flora, some sort of squatters house. So today I´m totally exhausted. I figured it might be a good thing to take it a little more easy this coming week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a break .. come home ...ya can sleep at my place !!! ...x

11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home