Sunday, January 08, 2006

One amazing week

Some weeks seem like two weeks. This was one of them. I´ve had so much new experiences, met so many new people and learned so many new things that it´s incredible that only a week has passed. There were copywriting classes with Oliver Oest (JWT Germany), concept classes from Mattias Rausher (Jung von Matt) and in the meantime I get a lot of homework. The average time I spend at school is twelve hours a day. And according to the other students, the first quarter is easy...

Yeah, it's busy but I'm enjoying myself very much. This friday I went out in Hamburg with my new classmates. We met in a pub near the Reeperbahn. As a lot of people probably know, the Reeperbahn is like the prostitution zone in Amsterdam. As I drove by bicycle through the wide street in the blinking lights from striptease joints, I saw lots of tourists, tramps and bouncers. I guess it does look like Amsterdam, but if you've seen Amsterdam it's nothing new.

When I arrived it seemed that I was the only one going by bicycle. In the pub where me and my classmates started the evening, I heard that you can lose your driver's licence (for a car!) if you get caught driving a bike when you're drunk. Now what kind of a stupid law is that? Luckily I wasn't arrested. Even though I made my way home swinging from left to right.

By the way, my first assignment was judged as very good by Niklas, the director of the school. Guess I've made a good start. I hope I can show the poster on this weblog later on, but I'll have to ask permission first.

Greetings to my family and friends in Holland and it's good to read the comments.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nep broertje,

jeetje wat een ervaring man, gaaf hoor ik was vrijdag samen met el bij je ouders wezen eten en zaterdag met el en wen gezeten en je raad het al ouderwets gezellig... haha
ik hoorde dat je wel van 9 tot 9 op school zit, ben blij dat je het naar je zin hebt..

kussie nepp zussie ellbel

9:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Greetings to my family and friends in Holland"
What! friends in the US dont count?
Menno

10:23 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Haha, hi Menno, of course my friends in the US count as well! I still have to get used to having friends overseas ;-)

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home